打牌群

当前位置:主页首页 > 英语学习 > 英语阅读 > 英语故事 > >

322、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照)“你错过了什么”

来源::网络整理 | 作者:管理员 | 本文已影响

  What Did You Miss?

  "In this life, what did you miss?"

  “在这一生中,你错过了什么?”

  

322、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照)“你错过了什么”


  A wife asked her husband this question when she was 25.

  一位妻子在她25岁的时问了她丈夫这个问题。

  Despondently(沮丧的), the husband replied: "I missed a new job opportunity."

  丈夫沮丧地回答:“我错过了一个新的工作机会。”

  When she was 35, the husband angrily told her that he had just missed the bus.

  在她35岁时,丈夫生气地告诉她,他刚错过了公交车。

  At 45, the husband sadly said: "I missed the opportunity to see my close friend before his last breath."

  45岁时,丈夫悲伤地说:“我错过了在我最好的朋友临终前见他最后一面的机会。”

  At 55, the husband said disappointingly: "I missed a good chance to retire."

  55岁时,丈夫失望地说:“我错过了一个退休的好机会。”

  At 65, the husband hurriedly replied: "I missed a dental appointment."

  65岁时,丈夫匆忙回答:“我错过了去看牙医的预约。”

  And then, at 75, his wife didn't ask anymore.

  然而,75岁时,妻子不再问这个问题了。

  

322、晨读夜诵,英语小故事(中英对照)“你错过了什么”


  Instead, the husband found himself sitting by her bedside where she lay gravely(严重的) ill.

  相反,妻子卧病在床,丈夫就坐在床边。

  As he held her hand, he remembered the question she always asked him, so this time he asked it of her: "In this life what did you miss?"

  丈夫握着她的手,记起了她经常问他的问题,这次轮到他问了。“在这一生中,你错过了什么?”

  She looked at him with a warm and radiant(光芒四射的) smile, and said: "In this life I did not miss having you!"

  妻子露出了温暖又灿烂的微笑,回答道:“这一生,我没有错过你!”

  Her husband, with tears in his eyes, remembered that his wife always talked about being thankful for the blessings she had rather than some things she might have missed.

  丈夫热泪盈眶,记起了他妻子总是说要感谢她所拥有的一切,而不是关注错过的事情。

  He now regretted having been "so busy" with the things of life that he sometimes was not as thoughtful and considerate of her as he should have been.

  现在,他后悔自己“太忙”于生活琐事,却没有尽到丈夫的责任,关心她,体贴她。

  With this thought in mind he embraced her tightly and said "THANK YOU."

  想到这里,他紧紧地拥抱了她,说了声“谢谢”。


分享到: 更多

更多关于“英语故事”的文章

随机阅读TODAY'S FOCUS